The Rooftop

 Image is subject to copyright.
                                                    

Sat on my rooftop, the dusk's gentle heat warming up my face;

I realized for the first

That there was more to life than its chase.

It calmed me down and as if quenching my thirst

Out came a voice persuading me not to overlook this grace.

 

I eavesdropped the sparrows chatting,

As if making amends for the fight they had on their previous date:

Nevertheless, all of it had an effect on me quite softening,

An imagery of the remembrance with my mate.

Swiftly as they drove in; the clouds left me staring.

 

Good God! Was it a sign that it was all just a dream

And my life is as meaningless as it seems.

Panicking hard, my peace shattered insane

For, long had I longed for bliss,

And now it shall all be washed in rain!

 

But, just then my worried eyes met his golden brown eyes;

A cold black nose and a tail that had a funny rise.

Tears came to my child like eyes; tears of joy

This big baby as if came here to my rescue

When he barked I knew he said,”ahoy!”

 

Now it was time to go and pen it down,

Considering that the entire cosmos had been healing and wiping away my frown.

I realised for the second that there was more to life

That was spirited, fleeting and brisker than it’s strife.

Not wanting to leave, as this something smelled so alive, 

I promised the rooftop I’d soon rebound and arrive.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Window's Tale

Deadwood Speaks!

A Picture's tale